Options

Service isn't using set account

pwfosterpwfoster Posts: 2
edited August 31, 2016 10:16PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
When I installed the component for Sql Backup Pro, I used a domainserviceaccount. However, when the scheduled job runs, it attempts to use NT AUTHORITYNETWORK SERVICE. I went to the server and checked the service and did verify that the "log on" info is domainserviceaccount.

I am very new to backup pro, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to hear about your issue with SQL Backup. I will go ahead and reach out to you via the case, as it will require more back and forth to resolve.

Thanks!

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    ProtoProto Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    Apologies for jumping on here, but is this a known issue? I'm having the same problem on a new install of version 8.0.1.405
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    There are 2 distinct parts which involves user accounts when you run a SQL Backup backup via a SQL Server Agent job -

1 - When the job runs, it needs to connect to your SQL Server instance. It will do this using the account you set up for the SQL Server Agent job - which is usually the same account used to start the SQL Server Agent service.
    2 - The actual backup command will be sent by the SQL Backup Agent service startup account, once it confirms that the SQL Server Agent user account has rights to back up the target databases.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8