Options

Assemblly Version Numbers

WFNetWFNet Posts: 2
edited August 17, 2016 4:36PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
I am using a set of 3rd party assemblies in an asp.net web application. The supplier of these assemblies does not seem to update the version numbers properly when a new assembly is released.

I have several different web application projects that use these assemblies.

When I look at the the "Details" of these assemblies with Windows Explorer, they show numbers like "5.0.0.1904" or "5.0.0.2103", but the "Version" column in the "Select the assemblies you want to debug" dialog of .Net Reflector always say the same number (5.0.0.0)).

The problem is that when I switch between these projects, I have to clear the debug store and add the assemblies again from the current project's bin folder to get the appropriate version of the assemblies.

I think the reason they do this is so that they can drop an updated assembly into a running web application and it won't complain about it being the wrong version and require a recompile.

Is there any way to avoid this so it that Reflector knows which assembly is the right one for which project?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

I'm afraid there isn't a much better way to do this at the moment, mainly because .NET Reflector only allows one version of an assembly at a time in the cache. :/ I've gone ahead and added a feature request to allow multiple assemblies though so that this could hopefully be improved (logged internally as RP-3982)--thank you for your feedback!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?