DownGrade SQL monitor version

yrkr888yrkr888 Posts: 5 Bronze 1
edited August 16, 2016 12:52PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello,

Currently I am on 5.2.3 version and I wish to try beta version is there any way I can downgrade to my previous version i.e 5.2.3 or 5.0 if required.

Regards

Comments

• If you upgrade to v5.2.7 you will be given the option to view the Server Overview pages in the current form or to switch to the new beta version whenever you want. You can switch back at any time. If you want to see how this works, visit http://monitor.red-gate.com/overviews/c ... ql/dev9/v2 and you will see the blue info bar at the top which allows you to toggle between the beta overviews and current overviews. If you upgrade, this is how it will appear for you. If you decide you don't like it, you can a) give us feedback to help us make it better, b) Ignore it and the toggle bar will disappear on October 1st leaving you with the current overview (you could then upgrade to v6 to get the new overview). The v6.0 beta 2 server overview also gives the ability to view query execution plan for top queries.

I hope that helps, please let us know how you get on with it (via the in-app feedback).
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi yrkr888,

I just checked and it looks like there has been a schema change in version 5.2.7 so you would need to take a backup of the RedGateMonitor database from version 5.2.3 to be able to revert to this version. There should be a screen in the installer which tells you this as well and says to take a backup of the data repository.

As Adam says, the beta preview is only an optional screen in version 5.2.7 which you can choose to use or not.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?