NUPKG Description

martin.gardinermartin.gardiner Posts: 3
edited August 10, 2016 11:48AM in DLM Automation
Hello,

I use the Visual Studio plugin to create a sqlproj file for the db in TFS, and then I use TFS Build to create and push a nupkg to Octopus. I pass MSBuild properties to the sqlproj file at build time to create the package version in the format that I want, but I'm stuck with the package description. It's is always "Continuous integration for databases", is there any way that I can override this? Ideally, I would like to pass additional properties to MSBuild and incorporate them in the SQLCIBuild task within the sqlproj file.

NuGet.exe will accept a 'properties' parameter so, for example, if I run nuget.exe <package parameters> properties description="My Custom Description" then the package description will be set accordingly. Is there any way to pass additional parameters to NuGet?

Thanks,

Martin.

Comments

• Hi Martin,

Sadly this isn't possible at the moment. If you'd like to suggest that we add this as a feature then I'd recommend that you post it on our UserVoice site - there you can make suggestions and vote on suggestions that other people have made.

Apologies.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Hello Robert,

Thanks for the reply, I'll post a feature suggestion.

Just a quick follow up question - I'm running the latest version of DLM Automation & I've read the blogs about SQLCI being withdrawn. The task names in the sqlproj file are SQLCIBuild, SQLCIPublish, etc. Are these still using SQLCI or are they actually calling the Powershell cmdlets?

Thanks,

Martin.
  • Hi Martin,

To be honest, I'm not completely certain but everything should still work regardless. We have a "What's happened to SQL CI?" page in our online documentation where we state...
    If you were using one of the SQL CI add-ons for your build server and have upgraded to DLM Automation 1.5 or later, there's no need to do anything. All SQL CI add-ons will still work in DLM Automation 1.5 and later.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software