Options

Remember my View bar settings across sessions

Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
edited July 28, 2016 6:03PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 9
Hey,

Another suggestion for something I find intensely aggravating. Every time I fire up APP, which I've probably done about a dozen times today, it's forgotten View bar options:

- Methods with source/all methods/filtered methods is always reset to the default value (Methods with source)
- CPU time/Wall clock time is always reset to the default (CPU time)
- The timing unit is always reset to percentages, whereas except for the simplest of toy applications an absolute unit such as milliseconds or seconds is far more useful (the percentage values tend to get swamped by waiting for synchronization rows so don't tend to show anything useful; the extent of a performance problem is thus only revealed by switching to a real unit - I'd suggest milliseconds would actually make a much better default across the board)

This might sound like a small thing but every time you change a value in one of these dropdowns APP has to do some recalculation of the results, generally leading to several seconds delay before you can move on to change the next value. All in all very frustrating: if the infernal thing would just remember what I told it to do last time around it wouldn't keep breaking up my workflow, and my train of thought, and generally getting in the way of what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks,
Bart Read
Principal Consultant
bartread.com Ltd

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Ah, I can see how that can get annoying! I've gone ahead and logged a request for this as well with reference PP-3945.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?