Migration scripts are not being honored by source control

gioagioa Posts: 4 Bronze 1
edited August 26, 2016 9:44AM in SQL Source Control
We upgraded to SQL Source Control 5 and upgraded to new migrations feature as described by documentation,
Everything went OK, and "Existing migration scripts" section was filled up with all the existing migrations,
but when trying to generate deployment script using SQL Compare (Either UI or command line, selecting "Source Control" for source and target),
It does not contain migration scripts that fall between compared revisions

Comments

• Hi,

This sounds like it could be a bug in the new migrations feature. The easiest way for us to diagnose the problem would be if you could send the contents of your scripts folder at both revisions (the source and target revisions) to support@red-gate.com, referencing this forum post.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • gioagioa Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    Unfortunately I can't send scripts folders
  • In that case we'll see if we can reproduce the problem locally. Unfortunately if we're unable to do so, we won't be able to help.
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • One more thought though - the new migrations feature is only supported in the latest versions of SQL Compare. Are you using version 11.6 or later?
    Development Lead
    Redgate Software
  • Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

We have opened a technical support ticket to deal with this issue.

I will email you directly shortly.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • gioagioa Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    Mike Upton wrote:
    One more thought though - the new migrations feature is only supported in the latest versions of SQL Compare. Are you using version 11.6 or later?

Yes I am using vestion 11.6
  • Hi,

Any users that are using migrations in version 5, should update to version 5.2.3 or newer of SQL Source Control as this release addresses some bugs we have identified earlier.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools