Options

SQL Backup issue

point7point7 Posts: 2
edited June 24, 2016 11:20AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
My memory tells me that your SQL Backup tool used to have options for setting up log shipping over FTP (rather than a file share). I no longer see any references to that in your product description. Has that feature been removed in version 7, or am I just not seeing it?

My need, simply put, is to log ship SQL data between a local server and one running on a different domain in a remote, VM environment. We can't set it up to use a UNC path for transferring the transaction log backup files, so we're thinking FTP. I could probably build my own custom mechanism to do this, but would rather use a tried and true method with a tool like SQL Backup. If your tool no longer supports this functionality, can you recommend an alternative?
The main SEO mistakes that business owners have to stop making

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your forum post.

SQL Backup has never included an option to copy files over ftp.

However, there is a free unsupported stand-alone FTP Copy Tool available using this LINK, if you wish to investigate further. The FTP Copy Tool, is not supported by Redgate Support Team and you use it at your own risk. I recommend that you review the readme file supplied within the zip archive before configuring the tool.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com