Options

Bug: Ctrl+F12 expands System SPs, no-show for requested SP

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited June 22, 2016 12:47PM in SQL Prompt
Version 7.2.2.273 in SSMS of June 2016.
    Expand Object Explorer to Stored Procedures and type in a narrow filter - explicit full name of an SP will suffice. Right-click and Modify, which opens a T-SQL Query script window on the same DB. Place the cursor over the name of an SP the scripted SP executes. Hit Ctrl+F12 All
System Stored Procedures are expanded.
No sign of the SP highlighted.
This appears to be a bug.

The question is, "should SQL Prompt clear the Filter for that type, or inform the User of the presence of the Filter and offer to either 1) clear, or 2) script the requested object (where possible)?" I'd happily have it clear the current filter as Ctrl+F12 is more powerful, IMO.
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Stephen,

Clearing out the filter sounds reasonable to me if the object can't be found with the filter enabled. We're currently working on the Ctrl+F12 functionality to fix another issue so hopefully we can fix both at the same time.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Stephen,

Sorry for the delay with this - it turned out that removing the filter in the object explorer was a little more work than we'd hoped but the functionality should now be in the latest release of SQL Prompt (7.2.4 - from either check for updates or our website)

Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    All appears well now, thanks for such a quick fix, Aaron and Team.
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...