Options

Can't connect to this server — it might be offline.

dwalkerwdwalkerw Posts: 12 Bronze 1
edited June 20, 2016 11:41AM in DLM Dashboard
After upgrading to 1.5.1.1125, my DEV instance connection is now failing with the error message "Can't connect to this server — it might be offline.
Check that the details below are correct." I have deleted the server and added it back in again and get the same error message. I have tried just he host name and the FQDN, both fail. I can login to the server by remote desktop as well as MSSM without problems with the same credentials as used in DLM Dashboard. This is a Server 2012R2 with SQL 2014. Any idea what changed in this latest update? The other servers are Server 2008R2 with SQL 2008.

Comments

• Options
    garthc55garthc55 Posts: 1 New member
    I am having the same problem after upgrading. I have now switched back to version 1.5.0.956 and re added the server and it now connects without an issue.
  • Options
    I also upgraded to 1.5.1.1125 today and now I cannot connect to my SQL Database!! Can't connect to this server — it might be offline. Check that the details below are correct. Is all I get?? Connecting to SQL Server 2012 instance which is in a Always on Cluster! :(
  • Options
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

There was a problem with the 1.5.1 release. The 1.5.2 release fixed this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    I am having this issue with one server in version 1.7.4.1062. It was working fine then it started with this error. Deleted it and re-added it and it connected and then when I tried to categorize it the error resumed.
    Update - seems related to the filter - continuing to research