restrict/hide database

bedumbedum Posts: 2 New member
edited May 18, 2016 5:36AM in SQL Search
Hi i am using SQL Search 2.2.0.183. Can i know if we can hide/restrict certain database from the dropdownbox? We have encountered a false alarm triggered by the DBA that someone is trying to access into all our databases. But only we know that it is a false alarm as the user is using "ALL Databases" search. This has triggered many login failure that alerted our DBA.

Could you advise if there is a way for us to configure to show only those databases we want user to have access in the dropdownlist? Thanks.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,
    Thank you for your forum post.

Sadly there there is not a feature to restrict / hide databases from the drop down list.

I have added the details of this forum post to an existing request / Bug Report whose reference is SDI-688. Hopefully the ability to hide or restrict access to databases may appear in a future version of the product.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • erickolberickolb Posts: 1 New member
    I'd like to +1 this request. I have a handful of users making use of the SQL Search software, but they're not themselves admins. As a result, on the monitoring side, they'll peg my alerts with connection attempts to databases they've no access to thousands of times during a work day.

If we could do anything client side like flag a given server/database as off-limits or cap the connection attempts below where monitoring alerts would fire, that would be much appreciated.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi erickolb,

Thank you for your update to this forum post.

I have added you comments SDI-688.

You may also wish to create a new topic or update an existing topic in the User Voice forum for SQL Search, available through this LINK.

The User Voice forum is the best place to submit feature suggestions. The more votes and comments a topic receives will increase its chances of being included in a future version of SQL Search.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com