Question about the License

sdinglesdingle Posts: 15 New member
edited May 6, 2016 5:49AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

I have purchased 1 User SQL Prompt License for myself, e.g. not my company. I am using this on my home PC and I wanted to know if I can also install this on my personal laptop using the same serial# . IN the documentation I did read it would tell me on my invoice the number of times I can activate the serial number but I couldn't see that.

Thanks very much
Steve

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Steve,

SQL Prompt is licensed per a user (not per machine) and so activating it on both your home PC and your personal laptop is fine. We do have restrictions on how many activations each serial has to prevent abuse but if you hit these limits just let our support team know and they can add an additional activation for you.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • sdinglesdingle Posts: 15 New member
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick response and the answer I was hoping for!

Take care,
    Steve
  • jangelakosjangelakos Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    Hi Aaron,

I have 1 user license of SQL Toolbelt and I have installed it on my work PC. Can I install only the SQL Prompt on my laptop using the same serial number?

Thanks,
    Yiannis
    Hi Yiannis,

That should be fine as SQL Prompt is licensed per user in the SQL Toolbelt bundle too. It's probably quicker to grab the SQL Prompt installer from here (and just click "Get the latest installer here") if you're not installing any other tools from the SQL Toobelt.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • jangelakosjangelakos Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I just downloaded and installed the SQL Prompt following your link and just clicked "Get the latest installer here", but when I entered the Serial Number from my SQL Toolbelt invoice, I got the error message "The number of activations for this serial number has been exceeded"....

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Yiannis
    Hi Yiannis,

It looks like you've hit that activation limit that I mentioned in my previous post, please contact our support team and they should be able to add an extra activation for you.

Thanks,
    Aaron.