SQL Prompt on Win 8.1 with Ultra HD display

sdinglesdingle Posts: 15 New member
edited May 4, 2016 3:15AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop which has Ultra HD display running Window 8.1.

I have had problems with various application specific dialogues displaying in extremely small font/size. Usually these are things like 'options/tools' dialogues so its something I can live with.

I just installed SQL Prompt 7.1 in SSMS SQL 2008 R2 and SQL Prompt is suffering from the same problem. When I option the Options Dialogue the dialogue is in extremely small fonts and dimensions. I could live with that however it is also resizing the SSMS to match its fonts and dimensions. I am just wondering why opening the SQL Prompt options dialogue should have any affect on the SSMS window.

EDIT: I just discovered that when I hit the 'New Query' button SSMS the window is also being changed. I have been using SSMS without SQP Prompt for years on this laptop and have only just had this problem after installing SQL Prompt. For now I will have to uninstall it which is a shame as I have purchased it and use it on my PC

I can provide screen shots if needed.

Thanks
Steve

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Steve,

SSMS not working well in high dpi mode is known issue ( https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer ... ils/764009 ). I wasn't aware that it was caused by SQL Prompt, but since installing an addin results in SSMS resetting some of its settings it's possible that it's making it worse.

There's a possible workaround posted here: http://spaghettidba.com/2015/10/14/ssms ... e-madness/

Could you see if that helps?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • sdinglesdingle Posts: 15 New member
    Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the late reply was away for Easter. Thanks for taking the time to pointing me to those links. I will try it at some point. Currently SSMS works/renders fine without SQL Prompt installed so for now I am just going to do without it on my laptop.

If I do find a solution I will come back and post it here

Take Care,
    Steve
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in investigating this - we've finally been able to track down what was happening and think we've got a fix in this private build (EDIT: The fix is now included in the stable release of SQL Prompt) if you'd like to give it another try.

Thanks!
    Aaron.
  • sdinglesdingle Posts: 15 New member
    Hi,

I know this is a very late reply, sorry didn't get notified of your response. I can confirm that after installing the new version 7.2 that I no longer have this problem.

Thanks very much! Great service from you guys!

Steve