Options

Database lists not migrated on upgrade to 1.2

mikeyWmikeyW Posts: 12
edited April 12, 2016 7:16AM in SQL Multi Script
Hi All,

I upgraded to version 1.2 this morning, and I saw that all of my distribution lists were gone. After a bit of searching, I saw that the folder in AppData had changed and the old Application.dat file had not been migrated to the new folder.

I tried to just overwrite the new Application.dat with the old one, but MultiScript overwrote it with a new version. Suspecting that there might be a difference between the two files, I compared them and saw that the structure had changed a bit. I updated the old file to match the format of the new one, including the new version numbers and copied the updated file into the new AppData folder. Crossing my fingers, I re-started MultiScript. Success! My distribution lists were back.

To help other users avoid this issue, I suggest that you migrate the previous version's distribution list automatically.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for that.

I'll take a look into it. It's been such a long time since we released multi-script we missed this.

Richard
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    The update available today via check for updates 1.2.4, will import the distribution lists from the 1.1 settings if the new Application.dat file doesn't exist.

There is also an updated MultiScriptListExport program included in the program files for managing lists - we really want to migrate that functionality into the tool though.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd