Options

Initial DB Commit Shows Drop Statements For Security Object

jkennedyjkennedy Posts: 18
I'm having issues on a couple of databases. Recreating the issue: I click Setup and map to a new folder. Go to commit changes tab. "Drop" changes are shown for multiple schemas. I try to check them in, and get the following warning. Then the checkin errors on:

CheckIn returned with ChangeSet ID=0, nothing to Check in?

Warnings:

Didn't expect 0 actual 0
Severity: Low
Object: db_accessadmin
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_accessadmin schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_backupoperator
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_backupoperator schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_datareader
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_datareader schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_datawriter
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_datawriter schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_ddladmin
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_ddladmin schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_denydatareader
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_denydatareader schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_denydatawriter
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_denydatawriter schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_owner
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_owner schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.
Object: db_securityadmin
Title: Dropping a schema is a potentially dangerous operation. Dependencies for the db_securityadmin schema are not selected automatically. If you are sure you want to drop this schema please select the objects that belong to this schema manually.

I tried deleting and recreating mapping the DB. Didn't work. This is happening on 2 dbs.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post!

I have followed up with you via email to get some more information on this issue.
    I believe that updating to the latest version may eliminate the error.

Warm Regards,
    Andrew
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    S SaundersS Saunders Posts: 8 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I'm also having a similar issue to this, although only with the db_datareader schema rather than with several.

Again, this is when linking a database to source control and doing the first commit.

I only downloaded SQL Source Control yesterday (version 4.1.15.118), so I don't think it's a download the latest version fix!
  • Options
    Also receiving this error when checking in a file. Does anyone know anything more about this error?
  • Options
    DanielGDanielG Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    I laso have the same error for a DB that I try to make the first initial commit. SQL Source Control displays that the schema "db_datareader" has been dropped and when I try to commit it I get the error message shown for "db_datareader" in the initial post above.

Is this an error or is this an expected scenario? As the schema has been dropped before the Db was linked and the first commit was made it feels odd that SQL Source Control shows this error.

I am running SQL Source Control version 7.0.11.8918.