Issues with clustered instances after upgrade to 5.0.10

JoeGTJoeGT Posts: 50
edited March 21, 2016 10:06AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Had no issues actually performing the upgrade but post it completing, none of my clustered SQL instance could be connected to (all of the stand alone SQL instances were fine).

I discovered the issue after some digging was that in the connection properties (Found under "Edit Credentials" on the "Monitored-Servers" page) for these instances the custom port I had defined had been removed as part of the upgrade.

Probably something you (RedGate) need to be confirming - that you are carry across all custom configuration settings during at upgrade or noting that they will be blown away.

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi Joe,

What version were you upgrading from when you went to 5.0.10 and the configuration was lost? I've been going through each version as it comes out and it's seemed to have kept my connection details for the clustered sql instance I have so I'd like to try and reproduce the issue. Also, what SQL Server and OS versions and any other details you can provide would be great!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Hi Alex

We were on 5.0.1 abd upgrading from that to 5.0.10

We are running SQL 2008 R2 on the clusters where this issues cropped up and the servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2.

All configuration settings seem to have come across aside from this Port setting. A screenshot showing the exact location of the missing config value is below (I have to repopulate this manually for clustered SQL instance)

SQLMonitor_Connection_Properties_zpsmkkuaw6i.jpg

Let me know if I can help with any other details.

Cheers

Joe
    Hi Joe,

I've confirmed this occurs on my end going from 5.0.1 -> 5.0.10. I just went from 5.0.10 -> 5.0.11 and it has kept the settings so it should be fine moving forward... I'm not sure what may be going on in the interim versions 5.0.2 - 5.0.9 but I'll try to narrow down where the issue occurs and get it documented.

Thanks fore pointing the issue out to us!

Kind regards,
    Alex

Hi Joe,

The issue seems to be with version 5.0.5. I have upgraded from 5.0.1 through to 5.0.11 and the port was only removed when going across version 5.0.5. I will see about getting something put into the documentation for this!

Kind regards,
    Alex