remote_data_archive_migration_state

2»

Comments

• I'm using SQL Data Compare version 11.5.0.397 and I'm still experiencing the problem. I installed this version using your Show Frequent Update releases in Check for Updates option.
  • This is happening in the US Central as well.
  • I'm looking forward to a patch as well. This is breaking part of our deployment process.
  • Hi all - just catching up :)
    bcapps wrote:
    This error is still occurring with Sql Source Control version 4.2.2.186. Please provide a status for when this fix will be available.

Last I checked this fix will be going out in the SQL Source Control release this Wednesday - I'll make sure that happens
    rschenkel wrote:
    I'm using SQL Data Compare version 11.5.0.397 and I'm still experiencing the problem. I installed this version using your Show Frequent Update releases in Check for Updates option.

@microsoftversion using the queries earlier in this thread?
    kcfsilarry wrote:
    This is happening in the US Central as well.
    I'm looking forward to a patch as well. This is breaking part of our deployment process.

There's a patch available already on Frequent Updates which we believe solves the problem - I'm going to look at making it a default release today if possible
  • Hello,

what about that issue?
  • Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

This issue has now been fixed in SQL Source Control 4.2.3, which is available on the Frequent Updates channel.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Hi,

I'm getting the same error on Team City using the RedGate Team City plugin. The SQL Server is hosted in Azure, but is not SQL Azure, it's SQL Developer 2014 (not running any service packs). This is a completely fresh install of everything:

[15:46:29][Validating database state] Error: Comparison of 'Scripts.state' and

[15:46:29][Validating database state] 'np:\.pipeLOCALDB#FB143BFC sqlquery.sqlCI_89e40b26-ee74-475a-be33-c781f5649

[15:46:29][Validating database state] 2da' failed: Invalid column name 'remote_data_archive_migration_state'.

I;ve double checked to makre sure that the plugin is the most up-to-date, and have installed SQL Compare on the Team City box just in case that resolved it, but still getting the issue. Bit confused by this one.
    Hi RofL,

In your case you should make sure that you have the latest DLM Automation Suite version installed.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Hi Sergio, I do have the DLM Automation Suite installed on the box running Team City It was downloaded on Friday afternoon. I also downloaded and installed the latest plugin onto the box. Of the DLM suite I installed only SQL Compare 11 (11.5.0.297.) This is a fresh install of pretty much all the software running as the box was created last Wednesday.
  • Hi RofL,

The DLM tool used with the Team City plugin is SQL CI.
    You should install the latest version of that tool.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • I have, I absolutely have done that. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything to make sure, but I'm still getting the error.

To be clear, I've installed the DLM suite, then put the plugin in the TeamCity plugins folder, restarted all services, and I'm still getting this error.

EDIT: FYI, the build agent and the build server are on the same box; so when I say "plugin", I am referring to the Build Agent plugin for the build runner.
    Hi Rofl,

I have created a support incident so that we can troubleshoot further, as I believe this might be something specific to your environment.
    The DLM Automation Tool has been upgraded to a SQL Compare engine in which this issue has been fixed.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • I had the same problem. After updating SQL Compare to version 11.5.2.209 I get a different however similar error: ""Invalid column name 'is_migration_paused'"...

Any ideas on this one?
  • tomdeleu wrote:
    I had the same problem. After updating SQL Compare to version 11.5.2.209 I get a different however similar error: ""Invalid column name 'is_migration_paused'"...

Any ideas on this one?

I think this is the opposite problem - you're using a newer version of SQL Compare against one of the 2016 CTPs rather than RC0. You'll probably need to upgrade if you want to use the latest Compare.