Options

pre-filtering tables retrieved from schema analysis

GrazzhoppaGrazzhoppa Posts: 3
edited March 7, 2016 2:23PM in SQL Data Compare 11
Hi guys. I'm trying to do a compare on a database of around 1000 tables. Both databases are in the cloud. The schema retrieval never finishes. It either errors or just seems to quit after an hour or so. It never actually displays any tables. I'm only interested in a handful of the tables. Maybe 40 at most. All those tables share a common prefix which is different from the remaining tables. Is there anyway to restrict the schema analysis to only those tables. I know you can filter afterwards but I want to narrow down the schema retieval. Is it possible? Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Grazzhoppa

Thank you for your forum post.

Sadly there is no option in SQL Data Compare to pre-filter the schema retrieval when creating or editing a project ->Tables & Views tab.

What are the details of the error message you are experiencing?

Would you please enable the Verbose logging as detailed in this help article?

Repeat the steps you took previously and when you believe that you are in the endless loop of retrieving schema locate the log file (see the above help article) or the the error message appears, attach a copy of the log file to an email and send the email to support@red-gate.com . A support ticket will be logged for you.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I'm not sure why it was erroring or running endlessly but it seems to work now after an update. I was using a pretty old version (10.2). Version 11.5 seems to be working well. The schema retrieval only takes about a minute.