Unable to send test email

xexexxexex Posts: 56
I'm using SQL Monitor 4.2.0.243, I got the error message "Unable to send test email" even I enter correct SMTP server.

I've tried to telnet to SMTP server and send email via port 25 without any problem.

Comments

• Hi Xerex,

Thanks for posting on the Redgate forums.

Can you confirm the tenet test worked successfully from the machine where the SQL Monitor Base Monitor service is installed?

I will also need you to send me the SQL Monitor log files, I will contact you about this via email.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Sorry for late reply, CNY holiday.

I got this error message:
    2016-02-16 02:58:48,555 [ 6] WARN RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Core.Email.SendMail - Sending email failed
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
    at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
    at #GVG.#IVG.#7VG(EmailSettings , String , IEnumerable`1 , String , NameValueCollection )
    2016-02-16 03:13:07,389 [ 26] WARN RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Core.Email.SendMail - Sending email failed
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
    at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
    at #GVG.#IVG.#7VG(EmailSettings , String , IEnumerable`1 , String , NameValueCollection )
    2016-02-16 03:18:39,332 [ 26] WARN RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Core.Email.SendMail - Sending email failed
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
    at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String serverResponse)
    at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn)

I can send email using telnet or powershell on this server without any problem, no authentication needed.
  • How did you resolve this?
    Troy.
    #