Options

Capture Sql Server back end Jobs/processes details

Sam_2016Sam_2016 Posts: 2
edited January 22, 2016 8:57AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi Team,

We are using SQL Monitor tool for all of our SQL Server instances. Now for one of our application there is an issue where by they are experiencing "Time out error" for specific time (2:20 AM to be exact) period every once a week.
I have shared the Top 10 Queries that got executed in that period, however they want more details.
They want us to capture the exact activities/processes details (apart from queries execution) that were running on the database for that specific period of time where they are experiencing this time out issue.

For e.g. When the issue is occurring is there any SQL jobs were running or is there any replication happening that is pushing the data to tables in that particular period of time.

Just want to know the root cause of this time out error. Because for other interval there is no time out issue

Please let me know how to capture all the details through SQL Monitor.

Thanks
Sam

Comments

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi Sam,

You should be able to go to the Instance Overview page (i.e. click on the instance in the tree at the left on the Overview page) and use [Back in Time mode](https://documentation.red-gate.com/disp ... +Time+mode) to rewind to the point in time the issue is occurring. You will then be able to see the general statistics for the SQL Instance, the top waits, top queries, SQL user processes (top by CPU usage) and SQL Server error log (last 10) for that instance. You can use the Back in Time mode on at the server overview level as well to see the top 10 system processes as well.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?