Options

SQL Source Control 4.1.8.41 error with updating meta-data

andrewjonesandrewjones Posts: 4 New member
Hi,

SQL Source Control 4.1.8.41 standard
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5556.0
SSMS 2016 CTP3

Commit on my development server works fine.
Get latest on the test server appears to work (objects are created), but SQL Source Control gives the error "Unable to connect to a repository at URL ..."

In the dialog box "Retrieving changes from source control"

Tick: Determining schema changes
Tick: Applying schema changes to database
Tick: Determining data changes
Tick: Applying data changes to database
Cross: Updating meta-data

Unable to connect to a repository at URL "..." Error running context: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

A comparison using SQL Compare between the dev and test databases show them to be identical i.e. SQL Source Control applied the schema correctly.

This is an SVN repository.
I get the same error with SSMS 2014.
Tried with a test database on a different server to dev and on the same server and got the same error.

As an alternative, I tried restoring a copy of the database as a new database name on the development server and linking to source control, but get: -

Unable to connect to a repository at URL "..." Error running context: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

So my question is why do I lose the connection to the repository during the "Updating meta-data" phase after the schema has been applied and how can I fix this?

Many thanks in advance for your help, Andy Jones.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Andrew,

I have logged a support ticket regarding this issue and will communicate with you through email.

You should be getting an email from us within the next few minutes.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Options
    Conclusion:

This appeared to be due to an issue with a TeamForge SVN repository. User was able to workaround this issue by re-linking to a local SVN repository
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools