Options

obfuscation and not merging

nissannanissanna Posts: 2
edited January 13, 2016 6:56PM in SmartAssembly
Hi,
i want to obfucate my project(prg.exe) which has other dlls.

i want to obfuscate these dll without merging them to the prg.exe in a single executable.

i don't want to obfucate each one lonely (same policy's obfuscattion applied to all dll and .exe without merging them)

is it possible to do that with smart Assembly 6?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

If I'm understanding correctly, you have multiple assemblies and want to keep them separate but protect each of them using a single template project file (.saproj) ?

If this is the case, I'm afraid that whether you can use a template .saproj file depends on which SmartAssembly options you're using. :/ Just a bit more on this...

While you can technically make a single template project file and just build from command line so that you can override the input and output paths for each file you want to protect, SmartAssembly can only apply the "project options" of the template to the resulting protected files.

The project options are the ones that are applied to the entire assembly (strong name signing, tamper protection, strings encoding, error and feature reporting, pdb file option).

Since the other settings (obfuscation, control flow obfuscation, pruning, resource compression/encryption) are set per-assembly though (i.e. for each assembly including the main one and any merged dependencies), those options will not be applied to the output file unless the names of the assemblies actually match the ones listed in the saproj file.

I hope this makes sense and apologies there isn't an easier way to work with multiple assemblies/create multiple projects!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?