feature about including xml comments wanted

xzp_aterxzp_ater Posts: 8
edited January 13, 2016 11:22AM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
Reflect is much powerful and nice than jetbrains resharper dotpeek, but dotpeek support with xml comments decompile for sources, sometimes it will help a lot to understand the codes.
Is there any possible we including xml comments decompiled in the reflector?

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post--I'm so glad to hear you like working with .NET Reflector!

It is possible to include xml comments in the decompiled code, you'll just need to go to Tools>Options and make sure that the Documentation option is set to "XML comments".

I hope this info helps! Please let me know how you get on.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Thanks for your reply.
    But it doesn't work for desktop and vs extension, I close and restart reflector desktop and vs 2015, nothing happens!
    By the way, I really use decompile in vs2015, any more help will be appreciated.
    So sorry to say that the XML comments aren't available when you're decompiling from VS :/ (I've +1'd a feature request we have for this logged as RP-3711).

You should still be able to see the comments from the Reflector desktop application though. Can you kindly do a quick check that the xml documentation file is located alongside the assembly you're decompiling?

• Thanks for reply.
    I see the xml comment in reflector desktop now, I have no idea why it didn't show up before.
    Actually, developer always do work in vs, switch to refletor desktop will be an unnecessary diversion, hoping update vs extension soon!
    That's great news!

And so sorry again that they're not available from the VS extension. I'll let you know if there are any updates to the request!