Options

Login issue in smart assembly

edited December 22, 2015 12:12PM in SmartAssembly
I came across the following issue, while done the smart assembly for our product.
“No constructors on type 'Login.frmLogin' can be found with the constructor finder 'Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.DefaultConstructorFinder'.” and refer attached screenshot.
We are using 3rd party library called “Autofac”. This library unable to read the main exe after done the smart assembly. Please contact Red gate support and do the needful.

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

At first look, it sounds like the Login.frmLogin type has been obfuscated so that the Autofac library can no longer find it by its original name. Can I just make sure, if you create a build with SmartAssembly with obfuscation disabled, does the error go away?

To make sure that Login.frmLogin remains accessible, can you kindly try adding a reference in your code to the SmartAssembly.Attributes.dll (located in the %ProgramFiles%SmartAssembly 6Attributes folder) and then add the [DoNotObfuscate] and [StayPublic] attributes to the class? For more on the custom attributes, please see here: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... attributes

Please let me know if that helps or not!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?