SQL Prompt Shift + F5 Issue

vsha041vsha041 Posts: 6 New member
edited December 21, 2015 2:39PM in SQL Prompt
I just installed Red Gate SQL Prompt and Shift + F5 does not work at all. If I right click the line and then select "execute current statement" then it works. I am using Windows 10 , SQL Server Version 12.0.2000.8 (2014) and the SQL Prompt version is 7.0.0.62. Is that a known issue? If yes then what needs to be done from my side?

Comments

• Hi vsha041

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this feature. I’ve tried to reproduce the issue on an identical set up to yours but the problem isn’t occurring for me. There are a few things that could be going on here:

Just to check before we go any further, is the caret inside the block you want to execute before you press Shift+F5? (see this video for more information: https://youtu.be/BqHZ4wqh_Ko?t=40 ).

It’s possible that something else has bound to this keyboard shortcut. To find out whether this is the case, inside SSMS go to Tools > Options > Keyboard and filter the commands list by ‘ExecuteCurrentStatement’. Is the shortcut for the 'RedGate.SQLPrompt.SSMSUI.Connect2011.ExecuteCurrentStatement' command ‘Shift+F5 (SQL Query Editor)' ?

If the shortcut is different you can manually change this shortcut back to Shift+F5 which should fix the problem. After restarting SSMS, the shortcut may revert to whatever had stolen it in the first place. If this is the case then we can make a configuration change to force SQL Prompt to rebind its shortcuts on start up.

If the shortcut in the Options window is not different then can you see the 'Shift+F5' key binding list next the context menu item for Execute Current Statement when you right click on a statement?

Thanks
    Ali
  • vsha041vsha041 Posts: 6 New member
    Thanks for the detailed and additional information. Actually I just restarted my computer and then it started working. And since then the problem hasn't occurred.