System.OutOfMemoryException when output is set to MS Word

zzweberzzweber Posts: 3
edited January 5, 2016 11:33AM in SQL Doc
SQL Doc 3 no longer works when output is set to MS Word. It hangs at 99% then the error is "System.OutOfMemoryException"

Comments

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I've started a Support Ticket for you, so we can try some troubleshooting methods to solve this issue. You will receive an email from us shortly. Thank you for your time.

Best,
    David
  • Hi,

I've got the same problem. It seems to happen if you have a lot of databases with a lot of objects. :shock:

Please help,

Thosch
  • Hi Thosch,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The common fix for this issue is to make the SQL Doc Large Address aware.

The utility below will help with the process:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showt ... p?t=112556

- Once this has been downloaded, you can point to the "RedGate.SQLDoc.UI.exe" in the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Doc 3"
    - Check the box in Step 2 to enable the large address aware flag.
    - Then click Save in Step 3.

After this has been enabled, please retest and let us know if you continue to get the same memory error. Thanks again for your time.
  • sheldonhullsheldonhull Posts: 35 Silver 1
    I had this issue with 3.0.3.94
    I followed the steps provided by David.You in enabling the app to be large address aware.

I was able to successfully run docx and doc then. I believe this was due to the database in question having large datafields as the support documentation indicated this can cause memory issues.

The process went all the way up to 3.29GB of memory usage.

Ideally in the future, this will be x64, right?
  • henrykhenryk Posts: 5 New member
    This also applies if output is set to PDF.
    I tried the hack mentioned above and still fails, when it's at Finalising documentation 99% and memory usage gets to just over 3GB. I'm guessing it's trying to create the actual file on disk at this point.

Running on SQL Server 2008 R2.

Can't believe a 64bit version isn't available yet.

Cheers,
    H
  • Hi Henry,

In the recent 3.0.4 release, we included a 64 bit version of the command line interface. If you're still having problems you can save a project file in the GUI and then call it from the command line like this -
    sqldoc.exe /project:"C:path	oprojectmyproject.sqldoc"

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software