Dependency Search Paths

timb24timb24 Posts: 5
edited December 15, 2015 12:09PM in SmartAssembly
Is the list of dependency search paths in a file somewhere that I can edit? When I add a new dependency search path through the GUI when creating a new project, is that search path saved as a relative path (from the assembly being obfuscated)? Can I edit and specify a list of dependency search paths in a .saproj file?

I am using command line SmartAssembly.com interface. I do an automated build from a .bat file. Each time I make a new release of our software, the 'root' folder name for that release is different,,, therefore my dependency search path is different (because of the root folder name for that release).

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

Regarding your queries, the dependency search paths are saved as absolute paths and are stored in the SmartAssembly.settings file, located in %ProgramData%Red GateSmartAssembly (under the <DependenciesSearchPaths> node).

The dependency search paths cannot be specified per-project in the .saproj file, I'm afraid. :/ They can only be specified universally for all projects in the SmartAssembly.settings file.

Apologies for any troubles this causes! Not sure if this would help in this case, but a potential workaround could be to add a build task to copy your dependencies to the same location each time you build (clearing out any older dependencies first).

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• I found a workaround using a generic .saproj file and overriding with command line parameters
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for the update, I'm so glad to hear you've found a workaround!

Do you mind if I ask which command line parameters have helped in this case?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?