de4dot and method-parent obfuscation

simaydurukansimaydurukan Posts: 3
edited November 30, 2015 4:52AM in SmartAssembly
Hi, I'm using Smartassembly Standard version 6.9. I used the program to obfuscate my code but I realized that the de4dot program can deobfuscate it easily. I read some discussions from the forums about the method parent obfuscation. Is it the only way to deal with de4dot? How can I enable the method parent obfuscation?
thanks.:)

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

As far as we know, the Method Parent Obfuscation is the only protection option that can't be undone by de4dot (though from what I understand, de4dot can't undo most pruning either, nor renaming, but will provide new names if SmartAssembly has renamed with unprintable characters).

The Method Parent Obfuscation option can be turned on from the Obfuscation section of the UI, but I'm afraid it's only available with SmartAssembly Pro and Developer licenses. :/ I'll message you with a trial key for the Pro edition though if you do want to test this out!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Thanks for your reply.
    How can I download the Pro editon?
    I am glad if you will message me the Pro editon with the trial key.
  • Hi Simay,

If you download the latest version from the product page, this will give you a 14 day trial of the full (pro) version.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?