Windows Integrated logins to SQL MOnitor 5.0

Luke LLuke L Posts: 43 Bronze 3
edited November 20, 2015 11:05AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hello, we just recently upgraded to SQL monitor 5.0 in part for the AD integrated login and more granular security features.

Once I switched to AD logins, I was prompted for my network credentials on the login page. We were expecting to use integrated authentication so that no username/password was required. The site is in the local intranet group in IE so they should be being passed automatically. Is there a setting someplace that will allow this functionality?

We are running the following:

Version: 5.0.1.1302
Web Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.0

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Luke.

Comments

• Hi Luke,

I'm afraid a Single Sign On feature on wasn't scheduled or implemented with the initial Active Directory functionality release. We have had at least one other user asking for this and a feature request has been created for this with internal reference SRP-10099. There is a Uservoice suggestion for requesting this feature so you should go and vote for that as well.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Luke LLuke L Posts: 43 Bronze 3
    Alex, thanks for your prompt reply. I voted the uservoice suggestion. I'm glad that we are not the only organization looking for this feature to be included.

Thanks again,
    -Luke.
  • Hi Luke,

Not a problem! It looks like it's had some more votes so that's good for your case though it will need a fair few more before it gets any traction. I mentioned it to the developers and sales but they had not heard any direct interest in it as a feature, so for now the uservoice is what will be getting it attention at this point. As you know there is only so much we can work on at a time so if it continues to rise in interest it has a much better chance.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?