Options

Migrate source control to SSMS 2016

LisacLisac Posts: 3
This may be a silly question or one that belongs in a different forum. If so, please let me know. I just moved to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2016 from SSMS 2012. But, I can't see the SQL Prompt on the top line and can't get to Source Control from the new version of Management Studio. Can someone tell me or point me to the directions on how to do this?

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Thanks for your question about SQL Prompt and SQL Source Control. To get the tools to show up in the new install of SSMS you will have to reinstall both tools. We update the add-ins and some other parts of SSMS in the install so they won't automatically show up in a new SSMS install.

Right now only SQL Prompt has finished compatibility preparation and testing for SSMS 2016 so you may see some bugs and incompatibilities with other tools.
    Allen LeVan
    Red Gate Software
    US Product Support
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Allen. Does that mean I can't use Redgate on both SSMS 2012 and SSMS 2016 if I have both SSMS versions on my laptop? I'm just testing the 2016 version to decide if we should upgrade everybody in the office to it. I'm the only one with Redgate, but if it doesn't play nicely with Redgate then we probably won't move yet.