App fails to run through Profiler

richardcrichardc Posts: 4
edited October 21, 2015 11:32AM in ANTS Performance Profiler 9
Evaluating this tool but getting nowhere fast
The app runs file via Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition but fails to run via the Profiler with this error:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Detailed Error Information:
Module
IIS Web Core
Notification
Unknown
Handler
Not yet determined
Error Code
0x80070003
Config Error
Cannot read configuration file
Config File
\?C:ProjectsFREDSFREDweb.config
Requested URL
http://localhost:60403/login.aspx
Physical Path

Logon Method
Not yet determined

Logon User
Not yet determined

Request Tracing Directory
C:Users
icha_000DocumentsIISExpressTraceLogFiles

Config Source:
-1:
0:

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble with profiling!

I've done some searching on this 500.19 error you're getting and one possible cause is if an application that is meant to run as 32-bit is running as 64-bit. It looks like you're profiling your site with IIS Express, in which case there is a profiler option that needs to be enabled if the application should run as 32-bit. If your application does indeed need to run as 32-bit, can you kindly try enabling the option and then profile again? (The option can be found by clicking on "Show server options" under the profiler set up for IIS Express- ASP.NET)

I hope that will help, but should it not or if it doesn't apply in this case, please let me know and we'll do some more investigating!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Thank you for the suggestion
    I have tried running as a 32 bit Application
    I have also tried Run as Administrator and alternative browsers

The key section of the error message appears to be:
    Config Error Cannot read configuration file
    Config File \?C:ProjectsFREDSFREDweb.config
  • Interesting

Re setting the profiler to run via Web dev.Server - ASP>NET everything is OK and works fine

FWIW the IIS Express config was the "most" obvious in that it automatically configured when I first installed whereas the Web Dev did not; though now it does(?)

Great result - now I can test the app!
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    That's great news!

Are you happy to continue profiling with the Web Dev server then? If you do want to keep trying with the IIS Express, please let me know and we can do some more troubleshooting!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?