Migrate SQL Backup to another Server

DormelchenDormelchen Posts: 6
edited October 14, 2015 5:10AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
hello together,

we have to shut down an server with SQL Backup 7 and there are some managed Servers.
Now we want to install SQL Backup 7 on a new server (Windows 2012).

Is there an option / possibility to migrate all settings in SQL Backup 7 to the new SQL Backup 7 ?

i hope you understand what i want to know...

thank you

Comments

• Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi,

Thanks for your post.

What are the setting you are referring to? If you let me know what you would like to retain will be very helpful.

Looking forward to hear from you!
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • hello,

we have to shut down a server which is responsible to coordinate all SQL Backups.
    So we have to install a new server.
    Can i export settings - configs - etc. so that i can import them on the new server ?

thanks
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi,

Currently the SQL Backup GUI is user specific and that user's configuration is then stored by default in the users profile as follows:

Windows 2003 server and XP
    C:Documents and settings<user_name>Application DataRed GateSQL BackupServer Data
    and
    C:Documents and settings<user_name>Local SettingsApplication DataRed GateSQL BackupServers.Dat

Windows 2008 & 2008R2, Vista and Windows 7
    C:Users<user_name>AppDatalocalRed GateSQL BackupServer Data --folder contains 2 or more .dat files depending on the number of server added to the GUI, for example 1.dat, 2.dat, 137.dat
    and
    C:Users<User_name>AppDataRoamingRed GateSQL BackupServers.dat

If you copy these files from one users profile to another into the users profile.

Otherwise the only other alternative is to re-add each server individually.

Let me know if this helps.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com