VS 2015 - Extension doesn't work

srkinyonsrkinyon Posts: 2
edited November 20, 2015 1:38PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
F12 & 'Go to decompiled definition' doesn't respond at all (no error, nothing).

'Open in .NET Reflector Desktop' pops a message box that says 'The source code already exists for this item, so you don't need to use .NET Reflector'. At the same time it opens the standard Visual Studio F12 interface definition for external modules (i.e. not Reflector decompile).

.NET Reflector Object Browser window is about all that works.

I installed & reinstalled the extension with no results. I also did the clear cache, no results there either.

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

I'm afraid that .NET Reflector doesn't yet support VS 2015 and this is the reason for the broken features. I will update this post once it is supported--so sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• tpatketpatke Posts: 10 Bronze 2
    Any news on when we can expect this update?

Thanks,

Toby
    Hi all,

There is now a beta release of .NET Reflector that you can try from here: http://download.red-gate.com/EAP/Reflec ... .1.160.exe

This version fixes the problems with "Go to Definition", "Go To Decompiled Definition", "Open in .NET Reflector Desktop" (please note though as in previous version, this still won't work on items that you already have source for), and automatic PDB-generation when setting a breakpoint.

Please give it a try and let me know if you see any other issues that I can pass onto the developers!

Hi all,

.NET Reflector 9 has been officially released and you can update from Help>Check for updates or via the installer here.

Please let us know if you experience any other issues!