Bug with latest version connect to TFS.

oracle2000oracle2000 Posts: 13
edited October 12, 2015 4:26AM in Source Control for Oracle
Bug with latest version connect to TFS.
After I upgraded to version 3.0.2.636 I can't any longer check in code to TFS.
The Error I get is:
"Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.WorkItemCheckinInfo..ctor(Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItem, Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.WorkItemCheckinAction)'."

Any idea why?

I have also tried with version 3.0.3.670

/Jonas

Comments

• Which version were you using previously? We did change to default to a later client of TFS last year.

I'll put the fix in here just in case that's the issue...

Source Control for Oracle is now configured by default to use a TFS 2013 client.

To link a database to Team Foundation Server 2012 or earlier, you need to create a config file.

Go to the Source Control for Oracle config files folder. By default, this is located at %localappdata%Red GateSource Control for Oracle 2

In this folder, create a new XML file named RedGate_SQLSourceControl_Engine_EngineOptions.xml

Open the file in a text editor and paste this into it:
    <EngineOptions version="3" type="EngineOptions">
        <TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SrcC.TFSxxxx</TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>
    xxxx is the version of Team Explorer you want SQL Source Control to use.
    </EngineOptions>

Save and close the file.

For example if you use to use a TFS2010 client:
        <TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SrcC.TFS2010</TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>
    </EngineOptions>

Or if you wish to use TFS2008 client:
        <TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SrcC.TFS2008</TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>
    </EngineOptions>

Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • The version I did run before was V3.0.1.393.
    I have tried your suggestion an modified the config file. Still the same problem. (I have tried with all different version of TFS)

The upgrade did work for one of my collegues, so I guess I probably have an old version of a the DLL you are using to communicate with TFS.
    I have 3 different versions of Visual Studio installed.
    What DLL would that be an in what order do you find it? (As I may actually have three versions of it).

Another problem arise aswell.
    After I downgraded to V3.0.1.393 all of sudden Source Control started to find difference in Storage parameter.
    So my project that was 100% in sync, all of a sudden showed 700 differences. How do I get rid of this storage diff issue?
    /Jonas
  • Well downgrading will encounter bugs and features that have been fixed since that release so I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about that.

I'm not certain how we search for the TFS dll - the only thing I can suggest is to try different combinations in the config file. Maybe try removing and re-adding the projects in source control as well.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • But why would the same old version I always used all of a sudden find differences. I was never able to check in anything in the newer version.
    My I guess is that the newer version I temporarly installed changed something in the config files. That once I am back on the old version made it behave in a new way.
    What could that be?

Maybe I just a need a clean install of the old version. How do I remove all traces of the product?

The problem with the DLL (I assume it is a DLL maybe you use something else):
    My guess is that you in your latest version code started to use a new method in the TFS DLL, which only exists in later versions.
    And all of a sudden my old version breaks your application

So to be able to fix this.
    I need to know which DLL you use to communicate with TFS plus which version I need plus where I have to place it.

Regards
  • Sorry, I thought you'd checked in with the new version - my mistake.

It's quite likely we could have changed the config file which would be the storage issues you're seeing, hadn't thought of it. To simply reset Source Control for Oracle delete the entire directory in %localappdata%Red GateSource Control for Oracle 3.

As for exactly the dlls which we use and what could cause the issue with TFS I didn't develop that personally so I'll have to chase the team for more information. It would be good to get log files from when it doesn't work to see if there are any hints in there - information on logging at http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... +log+files
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Log file now mailed to support (#49915)
  • Realised I'd not responded to this forum post directly. We did indeed find a bug when connecting to VS2013 for Source Control for Oracle version 3.0.2.636. It was to do with the build server that the executable was built on which is why we were having difficulty identifying the problem.

There is now a newer build (3.0.3.806) which is built on a buildserver that works - you can get this via check for updates in the menu in the tool or just downloading again from the website.

The reason we didn't find the issue is that it was it would work if the computer had both VS2013 and VS2010 installed - which a lot of test systems did.

Hopefully this'll fix your issue.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd