Options

Request to add contexts

oracle2000oracle2000 Posts: 13
edited September 17, 2015 10:06AM in Source Control for Oracle
In out schemas we use the oracle contexts-object a lot. We would really like to see redgate source control to handle those. This would mean that we could fully automate a build.
The object is very simple and should not be a big thing for you to add.

Comments

• Options
    Contexts aren't something I've seen before. Are they global on the database (like public synonyms) or specific to the schema? From what I can tell they are global, which is something I try to avoid as merely identifying which ones are associated with a schema is hard and they you get the public synonym issue when trying to sync between schemas on one database.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    No they are not global to the database. The global syntax for contexts means something else. Once they are loaded if they are to me shared globally or if every session should have there on version. But thet are created/owned by a schema. Check DBA_CONTEXT and you will see what I mean. Check this http://psoug.org/reference/sys_context.html (under User Created Contexts) to see how they work.
  • Options
    Thanks, I've put that on the backlog but can't give a time frame of when it'll happen as we're pretty busy on 12c work at the moment (just have a look at the last few release notes).
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd