SQL Search - database disk image is malformed

jkennedyjkennedy Posts: 18
edited September 3, 2015 3:46PM in SQL Search
I get this error when trying to search on a large database.

database disk image is malformed

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Simple fix. On the right hand side, choose index, Reindex. Worked like a charm.
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    I don't want to have to do that every single time I click on a different connection! And, frankly, I shouldn't have to!

If I'm connected to just one, say 2012, instance, all is well. I'll connect to a 2014 instance and may or may not immediately get the bomb. But later, simply clicking on ANY part of the other connection's object tree - BOMB TIMES 2 - SQL PROMPT DIES, SQL SEARCH DIES. Same error.

And once that's started, it's miserable switching instances.

This is a fundamental BUG that needs to be rapidly addressed.

BUILD# is 7.0.0.43 for SQL Prompt, and Search is 2.1.0.98
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
  • Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi jKennedy and PDinCA,

Sorry for the issue you are having with SQL Search.

Can you please give me your email address so I can log a support ticket for you? You can also email in at support@red-gate.com and include your forum link?

Looking forward to hear from you!
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Hello,

Sorry for the issue you are having with SQL Prompt and SQL Search. This doesn't look to be a bug with those products but an issue the database file structure. It sounds like the DB is starting to corrupt on disk and our programs are crashing trying to read information from it and getting bad information back. I would recommend steps like in the below link to backup this DB get it cleaned up and restore it to a good working DB.

http://www.dosomethinghere.com/2013/02/ ... malformed/

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks.
    Allen LeVan
    Red Gate Software
    US Product Support
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    I would have thought that these two would have instantly bombed on reindexing if there was a material problem with the databases, but, having clicked all over, forced reindexing, across FIVE servers, on the databases I was on yesterday, with NO DBCC activity, I didn't get a Red Gate explosion, but Visual Sudio craoked and even though it told me where to find the log/dump, noted for its absence!

"Corrupt DB" - I don't think so.

Will continue to send {sa} reports as occurring.
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...