Options

Restoring Older Versions of Redgate Backups

ClarkChrisClarkChris Posts: 8 Bronze 1
edited July 24, 2015 1:34PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Is it possible to restore a Full Backup taken using Redgate SQL Backup Pro Version 6.5 with Redgate Backup Pro 7? Also, is there any impact in validating the same encrypted password between the two versions? And, is there any other concerns that I should be aware of in making the upgrade between these two versions? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry!

1. Yes it is possible to restore a backup taking in an older version to a newer version of SQL Backup: However, it is a better recommendation to have your environment on the same version of SQL Backup. This is also going to depend upon the the version of SQL Server you are backing up and restoring from as well.
    2. Impact in validating the same encrypted password between two versions in terms of what aspect? Could you clarify this?
    3. With regards to upgrading, I would again stress that you should be on the same version in the environment.

Thanks

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.
  • Options
    ClarkChrisClarkChris Posts: 8 Bronze 1
    Thanks Rick for the information. Regarding the password, I wanted to ensure that the newer version of Redgate Backup Pro would be able to decrypt the password provided in the earlier version... that the decryption algorithm would properly decrypt and accept the 'password'.
  • Options
    Hi

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, decryption has not changed, so it should work fine.

Thanks

Rick
    Ricky Ram
    Technical Support
    Red Gate Software Ltd.