Ignore storage option

GeekEGirlGeekEGirl Posts: 3
edited August 20, 2015 4:57AM in Source Control for Oracle
Where is this set?

Iv'e noticed that the table create scripts don't include TABLESPACES and partition information. Will clearing this option fix this?

Comments

• This is currently not available in Source Control for Oracle

However...

We're going to release a BETA in the next couple of weeks with fine-grained storage options. These are so far...
    IncludeAllStorage,
    IncludeStorageCompression,
    IncludeStorageExtents,
    IncludeStorageIniTrans,
    IncludeStorageLobs,
    IncludeStorageLogging,
    IncludeStoragePctFree,
    IncludeStorageTablespaceAndPartitioning

The old option from Schema Compare gets removed and instead the set of "Include Storage..." options are added.

If you'd like to be involved in trying it out and suggesting any more fine-grained options please let me know.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • I'm very interested in the storage option. Frankly without this feature I wouldn't recommend this tool.
  • It's been a long time coming. Recently I had a brainstorm of a different approach to take in the code and it hasn't bitten me yet.

If you drop an email to support@red-gate.com wanting to be informed when the beta is available we'll be sure to let you know.

What do you think of the option list as it stands? This has come from uservoice and personal customer requests.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

I am pleased to inform you that the beta versions of both Schema Compare for Oracle and Source Control for Oracle with the improved storage option parameters, as per this FORUM POST:

There are a number of new "Include .." storage options available in both the Schema Compare and Source Control tools.

To get to options in Source Control right click on the project in the start screen and selected "Edit comparison options".

One other peculiarity is that if you modify the options this will have to be committed before any other changes.

Please use the links below to download.

Schema Compare for Oracle V3.1.3.613

Source Control for Oracle V3.0.3.670

Please download and evaluate, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com