Options

Custom Event Markers sometimes missing

LuisBLuisB Posts: 2
edited April 6, 2016 12:48PM in ANTS Performance Profiler 9
Hello all,

I'm using a eval license of ANTS perf profiler (v9.1).

I've been trying trying to use custom event markers (http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... entmarkers) to mark specific sections of my code. The code is long-running (> 4 hrs) and I want to focus on specific areas.

I tried to use custom event markers to mark the beginning and end of the areas I'm interested in, but they show up inconsistently - sometimes they appear and other times they don't. I can't see a pattern, but did see some exceptions were being thrown (and caught) between the calls. I wrapped the calls in try/finally blocks to make sure the redgate custom event API method was called, but still frequently they do not show.

Anyone else seen this? Is this a known issue? Also, is there a way to see the list of custom events available instead of having to click on them on the timeline, and then view them in the tiny events bar?

Thanks for any help,

-LuisB

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi LuisB,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay!

Can I please check--are the custom events placed within events themselves? I'm afraid this may indeed cause some custom events to be lost as ANTS removes events that are too close together in order to avoid creating enormous results files.

Please let us know if this is the case!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    I am also having the same problem. I am using the eval version of the application and I have 8 UserEvents I am trying to track. Of those 8 events, only 2 to 3 actually appear on the graph. And with each run it is a different 2 to 3 of the 8. Is there some way to make the profiler not dump events or at the very least to prioritize and not dump RedGate UserEvents?