Options

Shared Memory Provider

jbulickjbulick Posts: 3
edited December 13, 2006 11:16AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am using SQL 2005 and SQL Backup v4.x. I have 1 server that is successfully running nightly backups without fail. I have another server that I am having problems getting the software to work with. The install worked fine and I registered the local SQL Server in SQL Backup. However I keep getting a Communication Link Failure - Shared Memory Provider: No process is on the other end of the pipe - SQL Error Code: 233. I have verified that Named Pipes is Enabled in SQL Config Mgr, remote sessions is enabled and that SQL 2005 accepts Mixed Authentication. I have also tried registering the SQL Server in SQL Backup using both Windows and SQL authentication. Any other suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Offhand, it sounds like the service component is not answering requests. Is the SQL Backup Agent service started? Have a look at your computer's control panel->administrative tools->services and see if it is. That would be the first step.
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply. The agent was started under the NT Authority/LocalServer account so I changed the service to use LocalSystem and then restarted the service and now it is working. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.