Options

SQL Search 2 Crashes SSMS

mikemodmikemod Posts: 5 Bronze 2
edited May 28, 2015 9:33PM in SQL Search
It appears that SQL Search 2 Crashes SSMS. When I uninstall Search 2, SSMS does not crash.

I get ntdll.dll causing the problem.

Comments

• Options
    I also experience common crashes, albeit due to "Out of Memory" exceptions. At no point before I installed Red Gate did I ever get such errors. I'm running the SSMS tools against a server (not doing the work locally); my local machine has 8GB and utilization is never close to maxed when I get these errors.

In many cases, SQL Search is the only thing that I'm "running" in SSMS when the exception occurs -- it's not like it only happens when I run a world-ending query.
  • Options
    I also experience common crashes, albeit due to "Out of Memory" exceptions. At no point before I installed Red Gate did I ever get such errors. I'm running the SSMS tools against a server (not doing the work locally); my local machine has 8GB and utilization is never close to maxed when I get these errors.

In many cases, SQL Search is the only thing that I'm "running" in SSMS when the exception occurs -- it's not like it only happens when I run a world-ending query.

I think this could be the same issue that I experience (https://forums.red-gate.com/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=20747#p137922) when SQL Search defaults to "all databases" and starts indexing them.
  • Options
    Whatever the reason, it forced me to uninstall SQL Search 2. An invaluable tool in its initial incarnation, rendered completely useless in v2... it's really disappointing.