Options

Enhancement request - skip dependency check when not needed

lmclmc Posts: 9
edited May 15, 2015 8:57AM in SmartAssembly
Hi,
We work with dependencies that change frequently and often have to edit the saproj files to fix the builds. We don't use any features that use the dependency information, so would it be feasible to skip the dependency check unless it's necessary?
Thanks,
Luke

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Luke,

Thanks very much for your post and feedback! I've passed it on to our devs, though I'm afraid SmartAssembly does still need to run a dependency check at some point for every assembly in order to build it with the appropriate references. Just to confirm, is it the MandatoryPath properties that you are changing in the saproj file? If it's possible in your case to use DependencySearchPaths in your SmartAssembly settings file, that me be easier so that SmartAssembly will check that folder first for any dependencies and you can just place/replace updated dependecies after any changes, rather than manually adding/changing MandatoryPaths for each dependency in your saproj file.

Another thing that may help- for any non-direct dependencies, you can actually get SmartAssembly to skip over analyzing these by adding the NotAvailable tag to them in your saproj file, as in:
    <Assembly AssemblyName="xxx.yyyy.zzzz, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" NotAvailable="1">

Hopefully we can better the dependency search process in the future and apologies for any inconvenience at the moment!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Ok, thanks very much.