List of suggestions refresh delay

KevinGreinerKevinGreiner Posts: 37 Bronze 3
edited April 27, 2015 8:22AM in SQL Prompt
Using v6.5.0.326, I'm having trouble refreshing the list of suggestions. I'll add a new table and refresh the list manually using the shortcut key. I see the small dialog "loading...refreshing..." etc. But the new object doesn't appear in the popup list until perhaps 1-2 minutes later. I don't need to refresh again for it to show up. But 1-2 minutes later, the new object just appears!

Any idea what is going on? I think this behavior is new in the last month or so.

Comments

• Hi Kevin,

Do you have Automatically Refresh Suggestions turned on? That might be what is causing it to appear at a later time.

What version of SQL Server are you connecting to?

Best regards,

David
  • KevinGreinerKevinGreiner Posts: 37 Bronze 3
    OK, I figured out the problem. I had installed another SQL Prompt-like product. When I installed the other software, the problem went away.

Perhaps, the other product and SQL Prompt were both attempting to do the same thing at the same time. If you'd like to attempt to recreate, PM me for details.
  • Hi Kevin,

I'm glad you got it sorted!

If you could send me the name of the other product through my email (david.priddle@red-gate.com) we'll see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Best regards,

David