Sql 2014 Support

JustBnLazyJustBnLazy Posts: 5 Bronze 1
edited April 13, 2015 2:42PM in SQL Comparison SDK 11
Hi!

I'm trying to execute a existing Sql Comparison SDK 11 console app against a Sql 2104 db but getting an error (see below) and wonder if Sql 2014 is supported or not. Works like a charm against Sql 2012. Please let me know.

Error Msg:
ExecuteReader: CommandText property has not been initialized

Thanks,
Patrick

Comments

• Hi Patrick,

The SDK does support SQL Server 2014. It seems fairly strange that you get this issue on connecting to one server and not another. Could you confirm that you're using the 11.1 release of the SDK? Would it be possible for you to share the code that is causing the issue here so that I can take a look for you?

Regards,
    David
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • JustBnLazyJustBnLazy Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    Hi David,

Sorry I thought we were compiled with the latest SDK version but we weren't - on v10. I upgraded (had a little work since the API had changed a bit) and now we are running without issue. Thanks for your quick reply!

Patrick
  • Ah that would explain it. Glad you're now up and running.

David
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • michael.smithmichael.smith Posts: 1 New member
    How many code deltas did you encounter between 10 and 11 in regards to Sql 2014? I'm running into exactly the same issue.
  • JustBnLazyJustBnLazy Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    The only code really was how you set the "compare options/exclusions". It went from being an enum to a struct. I just created a CSV string and used the Options.FromString("option1|option2"). Then any exception I handled via compareOptions.Except("Option3").

HTH,
    Patrick