Stumped on error

maxwell.neslermaxwell.nesler Posts: 5
edited July 28, 2016 5:49AM in SQL CI 2
Trying out a few redgate products here are getting stumped on the sqlCI build step.

Running this line:
.sqlCI.exe Build /packageId=$dbName /packageVersion=$packageVersion /scriptsFolder="C:DBRepodomosql$dbName" /outputFolder=C:RGPackages /temporaryDatabaseServer=ANN-WEBDBDEV
Getting this error:
.sqlCI.exe : Error: Synchronization of 'Scripts.state' and
At C:deployscriptsWEBDBDEVsqlCIBuildDB.ps1:50 char:5
+     .sqlCI.exe Build /packageId=$dbName /packageVersion=$packageVersion /script ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Error: Synchron...ipts.state' and:String) [], RemoteException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

'np:\.pipeLOCALDB#BEFF5540	sqlquery.sqlCI_d5f2d971-3fa5-4d0c-9f0b-3155bb4dd
0c8' failed: Could not find server 'ANN-COPIADB' in sys.servers. Verify that the
correct server name was specified. If necessary, execute the stored procedure
sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sys.servers. Error executing the
following SQL: -- ============================================= -- Author:
Robert J Manikowski -- Create date: 02/19/2015 -- Description: -- ============================================= CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo...
Validating database state failed with error: SQLCompare failed with exit code 126: see output above for more information, or for generic information about this exit code, 
see: http://www.red-gate.com/sqlCI/ExitCodes/SQLCompare
FINISHED WITH ERROR: Validating database state

I have no idea what its trying to tell me, and if anyone knows how to get a better (non truncated) error message that would be great!

Frustrated in Ann Arbor,

Max

edit: added code tags, and the rest of the error.

ALSO: Would like to toss in a dumb question. The stored proc this seems to be bombing on references synonyms for a linked server. I have been reading a few RedGate internet web pages on this and it seems linked servers are a no go? http://documentation.red-gate.com/display/SC11/Could+not+enlist+in+a+distributed+transaction

Comments