SQL Compare Unable to Access Subversion Repository

mattvlemmattvlem Posts: 5
edited April 10, 2015 4:31AM in SQL Compare 11
I've recently started using SQL Compare and am having what I believe are authorisation problems connecting to the repository on a different server.

The repository is Subversion and a section of the SQL Compare error message from the log file is below:

SQL Compare error message
07:45:51.783|Verbose|Command Line |1 |
07:46:03.964|Trace |Source Control Link |1 |SQL Source control link successfully created
07:46:04.394|Verbose|Command Line |1 |Comparing database . with database LDNDEVTEST.Preqin01_Daily...
07:46:04.433|Trace |Source Control Link |11 |SQL Source control link successfully created
07:46:04.453|Info |Source Control Link |11 |Exporting script folder for to C:UsersmattadminAppDataLocalTempsm1bo3bc.5jk
07:46:06.639|Fatal |Command Line |1 |Comparison of '.' and 'LDNDEVTEST.Preqin01_Daily' failed: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://ldnmgmt1.preqin1.local:8500/svn/db_Preqin01'
RedGate.Shared.Utils.CommandLine.FatalExecutionException: Comparison of '.' and 'LDNDEVTEST.Preqin01_Daily' failed: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://ldnmgmt1.preqin1.local:8500/svn/db_Preqin01' ---> RedGate.Shared.Utils.OperationCancelledException: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://ldnmgmt1.preqin1.local:8500/svn/db_Preqin01' ---> SharpSvn.SvnOperationCanceledException: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://ldnmgmt1.preqin1.local:8500/svn/db_Preqin01' ---> SharpSvn.SvnOperationCanceledException: Operation canceled. Exception occured in Authorization handler ---> Ninject.ActivationException: Error activating WindowStack
No matching bindings are available, and the type is not self-bindable.
Activation path:
1) Request for WindowStack

Suggestions:
1) Ensure that you have defined a binding for WindowStack.
2) If the binding was defined in a module, ensure that the module has been loaded into the kernel.
3) Ensure you have not accidentally created more than one kernel.
4) If you are using constructor arguments, ensure that the parameter name matches the constructors parameter name.
5) If you are using automatic module loading, ensure the search path and filters are correct.

at Ninject.KernelBase.Resolve(IRequest request)
at Ninject.ResolutionExtensions.GetResolutionIterator(IResolutionRoot root, Type service, Func`2 constraint, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Boolean isOptional, Boolean isUnique)
at Ninject.ResolutionExtensions.Get[T](IResolutionRoot root, IParameter[] parameters)
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.ObjectFactory.Get[T]()
at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.SourceControlUserCallBacks.get_WindowStack()

There is also an error logged by Tortoise SVN on the repository server of:
(OS 1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX]

Now I assume this is an authorisation error but the accounts used work perfectly well to access this repository from anything but SQL Compare and will work via a browser to access the repository from the server SQL Compare is sitting on. The account used to login in the server SQL Compare sits on does have access to the source control.

Equally SQL Compare seemed to access the repository quite happily for about a week before it gave up and refused to access. I can't find any system change during the change that seems relevant (though that's not to say there isn't one).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been banging my head against a wall for a while on this now.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• One idea:

Maybe get the user to delete the %AppData%Subversion folder to get rid of any cached credentials.
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reponse.

I've looked in the APPData for the relevant account and can find one subversion folder on the calling server (the SQL Compare one rather than the SVN one), under the Roaming profile. [C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingSubversion] Is this the one you meant? I deleted it and attempted to hook up again but no change. The subversion folder happily regenerated as before. NB. There are no bespoke setting in these files they're simply as they come.

Any other ideas welcome. Note that I'm trying to run SQL Compare both from the command line and the GUI and get the same issue either way.
  • Can you test the SVN connection *independently* of Redgate Source Control (through, for example, tortoise SVN)?

It important to know if its a general SVN issue or something caused by our libraries
  • Hi Chris,

Back after Easter and time to have another look. I've accessed the repository on the target server via repo browser (tortoise SVN) on the SQL Compare server. I did need to accept the certificate presented specifically with repo browser and enter my access credentials via repo browser.

I am perhaps wrongly presuming SQL Compare will present the credentials of the logged in user on my behalf though? There seems nowhere on the interface to manage security settings for the repository.

Any further ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
  • Hi Matt,

What version of SQL Compare are you using? If you're not already on the latest version (11.1.11.2), could you give it a try and see if it helps?

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLC ... 1.11.2.exe

Thanks,
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • I'm on 11.1.3.30 at the moment. I'll upgrade, try again and get back to you. Unfortunately I'm having to dip in and out of trying to get this fixed amongst other projects but I'm grateful for all ideas.

Thanks,

Matt