Options

Mass Update to Clear 66,000 Alerts

linquelinque Posts: 31
edited April 29, 2015 10:17PM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
I woke up at 3:30 this morning to about 66,000 "SQL Server error log entry" alerts about the transaction log file being full on one of my hosted databases. Thank goodness SQL Monitor stops sending emails once it hits 1000 in a 24-hour period. Is there a safe way to mass update all of the alerts to clear them from the screen? I'm running SQL Monitor 4.1.0.2226. I can only do 100 at a time through the front end, and doing them 100 at a time will take all day. I want them all marked as cleared.

Comments

• Options
    I'm an idiot. There is an option to check all alerts (not just the ones showing) that was right in front of my face the entire time. I'm good now. :oops:
  • Options
    rayherringrayherring Posts: 30 Bronze 4
    linque wrote:
    I'm an idiot. There is an option to check all alerts (not just the ones showing) that was right in front of my face the entire time. I'm good now. :oops:

Sure wish you'd said where the option is. I must have mud in my eye because I don't see it.
    Ray Herring
  • Options
    Do the "Select" drop down like you're going to clear all of the alerts, and choose ALL. Once you do that, you will see the option.

2015-04-29%2020_45_46-Alert%20Inbox%20_%20All%20Servers_zpsp9gkmjys.png
  • Options
    rayherringrayherring Posts: 30 Bronze 4
    Hey Thanks for the reply.
    I have a similar problem. 50K+ entries of SQL Error log for a failed disk ( fortunately on a Dev server:)
    Ray Herring