SQL CI TFS2013 build issue

AdamRinkAdamRink Posts: 13
The "SQLCIBuild" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Automation Pack 1\sqlCI\sqlCI.exe. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Automation Pack 1\sqlCI\sqlCI.exe' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

This is failing on my build server but I did install a trial of the SQL Automation pack there and that exe and directory exists.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

Sorry to say, there could be myriad causes for this message. It probably falls under "dependent assembly" is the executable file exists. Usually "invalid format" means a 64-bit program tried to load a 32-bit DLL, so it could also be that the program needs to be started in the 32-bit WoW. Is there any more information in the build output log?
  • I had a similar issue.

It was looking for sqlCI.exe in C:Program Files (x86)Red Gate. I had to copy and paste this folder from C:Program Files (x86)Red GateSQL Automation Pack 1, which seemed to work. Maybe there's a better way to solve this?
    Thank you!
    Stephanie M. Herr    :-)
    Product Manager Database DevOps
  • I was having the same "Couldn't get write lock" issue as swordfish and I'm also running the same version. Can't speak for him but my antivirus was the problem. Added the exclusion you mentioned and the problem is gone now. Thanks............./???????
    smart lover
  • sherr wrote:
    I had a similar issue.

It was looking for sqlCI.exe in C:Program Files (x86)Red Gate. I had to copy and paste this folder from C:Program Files (x86)Red GateSQL Automation Pack 1, which seemed to work. Maybe there's a better way to solve this?

I did exactly the same thing, I had no idea;)
    The best thing I found some kind of on the internet clash of kings cheats