SmartAssembly ASP.NET Error

szahnszahn Posts: 2
edited March 11, 2015 6:49PM in SmartAssembly
I'm getting the following exception when starting up an ASP.NET MVC website with assemblies from a third party web control.

This assembly has been built with an evaluation version of SmartAssembly, which has expired.
#Q5.#8S.() +238
#Q5.#8S.#P5() +23
.cctor() +34

I'm assuming the exception is being generated from the third party control, which in this case in the GroupDocs Web Annotator. I'm using the assembly to put together a simple demo/prototype. Haven't purchase a license yet, but hope to use their latest version which I downloaded from their site to demo it.

At first I was confused about this error as it's something I've never seen before, but I managed to track the source of the exception to Redgate's SmartAssembly product which must have been included in this third party assembly somehow.

Why am I getting this error and how do I solve it?

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi,

Thanks for your post!

It looks like GroupDocs Web Annotator has used SmartAssembly on their assemblies with either a trial version of Developer licensed edition of the tool (both of which create builds that expire after one week). To get rid of the error, they'll just need to make sure that SmartAssembly is activated with a valid (Standard or Professional edition) serial key and then re-run their assemblies through our tool to create releasable builds.

That said, I'm afraid there's unfortunately nothing we can do from our side to resolve the error, but I've found the GroupDocs support central page here: http://groupdocs.com/support -- If you contact them, they should be able to sort this out! :]

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?