SSMS - on open always shown

jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
Hello,

SSMS and SQL Source Control 3 version 3.8.4.662.

Source control used to not always show itself on open - only if it was open when I shut down SSMS.

Now each time I open SSMS, there it is. I would prefer it to stay closed until I need it, not show itself each time SSMS launches.

I haven't found a way to disable this feature....

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Hi John,

Thanks for your post. It looks like this is a problem we've recently introduced into SQL Source Control. Hopefully we can fix it soon.

In the meantime, I've found a way you can work around the problem:
    • Open %LocalAppData%Red GateSQL Source Control 3RedGate_SQLSourceControl_CommonUI_UIOptions.xml in a text editor
    • Anywhere between the two lines that mention "UIOptions", add the following:
      <ShowTabOnSSMSStart>False</ShowTabOnSSMSStart>

• Save the file and restart SSMS

That should prevent SQL Source Control from automatically opening whenever SSMS opens.

Please let me know if that works for you.
    Quality Coach
    Redgate Software
  • jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    That worked, thank you!

Best,

John
  • Now each time I open SSMS, there it is. I would prefer it to stay closed until I need it, not show itself each time SSMS launches?
    You can get score highest marks in http://esixsigma.co dumps exam using caltech.edu and test king which are prepared by top certified professionals, newhaven.edu ccna wireless training.
  • dafadoorrrdafadoorrr Posts: 2
    edited April 21, 2015 3:25AM
    I haven't
    You can get score highest marks in http://esixsigma.co dumps exam using caltech.edu and test king which are prepared by top certified professionals, newhaven.edu ccna wireless training.
  • I'm pleased to say we have fixed this bug in our latest Frequent Update release (SQL Source Control 3.8.5), which is available now.

If you'd can't update (for instance, if you're using our Default release channel), the workaround documented above will continue to work just fine.
    Quality Coach
    Redgate Software
  • This method works! thanks guy:D
    The best thing I found some kind of on the internet clash of kings cheats