Latest version and de4dot

ilya01ilya01 Posts: 3
edited February 18, 2015 1:57AM in SmartAssembly
Latest version can be easily deobfuscated with de4dot.
I cant use smartassembly in my projects!
When will it be fixed?

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi there and thanks for your post.

I'm afraid that the program you mentioned-- De4dot, has been found effective at removing some of what Smartassembly does. Unfortunately, as hard as we try to protect the code, the very nature of .NET unfortunately means that any code (obfuscated by any tool) is always reversible to some extent since it needs to exist as IL which is quite "readable".

SmartAssembly, however, is meant to make things much more difficult for a determined hacker to understand your code: https://www.simple-talk.com/blogs/2012/ ... a-panacea/

The more complex your code is and the more SmartAssembly features you apply, the better protection you'll get from SmartAssembly. If you haven't already, turning on method-parent-obfuscation option should add a good boost in code protection (and as far as we know, this feature has not been cracked by any tool). It will move methods around inside your various classes and namespaces making code harder to follow.

I hope this information might help and so sorry as I realize this is not the answer you were hoping for! If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Thanks for answer!
    I think, that you should work with obfuscation algorithm(ex. confuserex or appfuscator has no public deobfuscators).
    For example you can add methods crypt technology(ex .net reactor).
    Unfortunately at the moment the price of the product is not justified.